Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Breakfast Bites

I simply adore breakfast sammies. I don't know if it's the bagel/biscuit/muffin they are served on, but nothing gets me more egg-cited (the pun was just leaping out of me) than a good, flavorful breakfast sammie.

While, I'm game to use an English muffin for my "bread", I tend to want something with a little more flavor and flair. What I've discovered is using the recipe for Cheddar Bay Biscuits is a great base, and an easy recipe to make a bunch of tasty biscuits. I tend to edit out the garlic in this recipe if I intend to use it as a building block for breakfast, or use the garlic and remember to brush my teeth afterwards.

Without any further ado, I bring you breakfast on a biscuit:

4 eggs, minus 1-2 yolks, lightly scrambled with 1 T. milk
1/8 C. shredded cheese
8 slices of thin sliced ham or 4 cooked sausage patties, lightly salt & peppered
4 Cheddar Bay Biscuits
butter spray

In medium skillet, spray lightly with cooking spray. Add egg and cheese with salt & pepper to taste. Cook til firm.
Spray biscuit with butter and top with egg and ham/sausage.

Yield: 4 sammies

No comments:

Post a Comment