Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tangy Sweet Meatballs over Noodles

It has been ages since I've made this dish, but lately have had an insane craving for it. I do cheat considerably, starting with the premade meatballs and using package gravy mix, but the sweet and sassy sauce - makes for a killer dish! I love making this when I forget to thaw something for dinner, because while the (frozen) meatballs are bakign in the oven, I'm cooking the noodles and preparing the sauce. This is very kid-friendly, as long as they don't see the grape jelly go into the pot!

1 lb. frozen meatballs
12 oz. bag egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
1 pkg. brown gravy mix, prepared as directed
2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 C. each ketchup and BBQ sauce
1/2 C. grape jelly

Bake meatballs according to package directions.
While meatballs are baking, cook egg noodles according to the package directions.

In a large skillet, prepare gravy mix according to directions, stir in garlic salt and pepper once it reach desired consistency. Stir in remaining ingredients, stirring until all are well combined. Add in cooked meatballs, and stir. Serve over noodles.

Yield = 4-5 servings

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I've never seen a meatball recipe with grape jelly in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it sounds odd, but it really adds some sweetness to the sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had something like this before and it is so addicting! Great post.

    ReplyDelete