Friday, May 31, 2013

Orange Raspberry Fizz

I was at Trader Joe's last time we were in Chicagoland and noticed that they carry Prosecco.  I've long want to try my hand at some tasty cocktails with the luscious summer fruits and finding this gem really made my day!

When I had a friend over for dinner, I couldn't wait to give this recipe a try and it was an instant hit!

Ready in just a few minutes and the perfect accompaniment to a lovely spring dinner, I'll be trying variations on this throughout the summer as more fruits are in season.

2 C. Prosecco ($3.00)
1 C. crushed ice (free)
2 1/2 C. orange juice ($.65)
1/2 C. raspberry lemonade or 1/4 C. lemon juice ($.15)
1/2 C. fresh raspberries ($.50)

Combine all ingredients except fresh raspberries.
Add raspberries to the bottom of the glass, pour in the orange fizz.

Yields: 4 servings
Cost: $4.30
Cost per serving: $1.08

No comments:

Post a Comment