Sunday, January 6, 2013

Restaurant-Style Garlic Spread

In my house, we love Italian and that tends to be on the menu at least once or twice a week.  I have experimented with a few different garlic butters and spreads and after watching the Cooking Channel - I had an epiphany: olive oil.  I know it's a little different, but adding olive oil to my garlic butter really made it perfect.  After several attempts, here is a great make-ahead garlic spread that has tons of flavor and gives your garlic bread or pasta an instant WOW-factor.

1 stick butter, softened ($.50)
3-4 T. olive oil ($.20)
2-3 T. parmesan ($.20)
1 1/4 tsp. basil ($.05)
1/2 tsp. parsley or oregano ($.05)

Mix well all ingredients and use to dress pasta or spread on garlic bread or breadsticks.
Yields: 1 batch
Cost per batch: $1.00

Use this spread on:
Pasta
French Bread
Baugettes
As sandwich spread
Potatoes
In pasta sauce
Chicken or pork
With seafood

No comments:

Post a Comment