Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bananas Foster

4 ingredients of pure heaven.


Really, that's all it takes.

Hubby and I were making waffles for breakfast and I got the urge to create.  Having some ripe bananas on hand, I decided on a whim to make bananas foster.  I had seen it done on the Food Network a few times so I thought I dwould give it a try.

Amazingly easy.  Really, one of the simplest recipes I've made in ages.

Served over French toast, pancakes, waffles, ice cream, or blondies - all I can say is YUM!
Here's how easy it is.

2 T. butter ($.15)
2 ripe banans ($.20)
4 T. brown sugar ($.05)
2-3 T. half and half or heavy cream ($.10)

Melt butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat.

Cut bananas into thick (1/2") slices.  Add bananas to butter and saute for 1 minute.  Stir in brown sugar until incorporated.  Stir in half and half or heavy cream, simmer 1-2 minutes, until caramel sauce comes together.

Serve warm.

Yields: 4 servings
Cost: $.50
Cost per serving: $.13

No comments:

Post a Comment