Thursday, October 4, 2012

Easy Grill Seasoning

I have tried dozens of grill seasoning recipes - looking for that ultimate balance of sweet and savory, smoky and peppery - and I've finally found one that really delivers on flavor.  Not too salty or too peppery, I've used this on chicken and pork with phenomenal results.

Now that I've found a good (and affordable) grill seasoning, I've made up about 2 cups worth, and this joins my Italian dressing style seasoning and my perfect pork ribs seasoning blends.  It's hard to create that right balance, but this blend gives a balance of smoky sweet flavor that is better than any other grill seasoning I've ever bought or made.

2 1/2 tsps. salt ($.05)
1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper ($.05)
1/2 tsp. fresh ground white pepper ($.05)
1 tsp. smoked sweet paprika ($.10)
1 tsp. garlic powder ($.05)
1 1/4 tsp. toasted onion powder ($.05)
1/2 tsp. hickory smoked salt ($.05)
1/4 tsp. cumin ($.05)

Combine all and use to season pork, beef, chicken, or turkey.  For best results, seasoning meat or poultry 30 minutes to an hour before grilling.

Yields - 1 batch
Cost: $.45

No comments:

Post a Comment