Friday, April 22, 2011

Mango Sangria with Moscato

Using my newest favorite find, I had to create a perfect (and inexpensive cocktail) with the lovely, fruity Moscato I recently bought from Barefoot wines. I've seen the brand and have used the pinot grigio before - both as a table wine and in pasta recipes, but I tried the Moscato last week and just fell in love with the light, lovely flavors in it. Since Sangria is a favorite of mine, I had to come up with a luscious cocktail - here it is!

Ingredients:

3/4 bottle of Moscato ($3.75)
1/2 C. coconut rum ($1.00)
1/2 C. vodka ($1.00)
1/4 C. orange juice ($.25)
1 large mango, peeled ($.50)
2 medium tangerines, peeled ($.69)
1 1/2 C. pineapple chunks ($.40)

Instructions:

Cut fruit into bite size chunks and add to large container or pitcher .
Pour in rum, vodka, juice, & Moscato, refrigerate over night or until well chilled. Enjoy!

Yields = 6 cocktails
Cost: $7.59
Cost per glass: $1.26

Serves well with fruit plate, all cheeses, hearty crackers, spicy cuisine, and all desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment