Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Peach Pie

This is the best pie I've never tasted. Yes, that's right...I didn't even get a slice. Looks like I'm going to make another one to see what all the fuzz was about! I made this for our Labor Day Weekend BBQ and with 8 people, the pie simply disappeared. I did, however, eat the pan scrapings (after everyone went home) and must admit, it was rather tasty.

1 premade pie crust $1.05
12-14 fresh peaches, peeled and pitted ($1.85)
1 C. brown sugar ($.45)
1 tsp. cinnamon ($.10)
3/4 C. flour ($.15)

Slice peaches. In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Toss peaches in flour mixture and bag in resealable freezer bags. Freeze.

Remove from freezer 2 quart-sized bags of peach pie filling. Let thaw completely.
Add peawches to pie crust, bake at 400 for 35-40 minutes, until filling is bubbly and thick.

Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or plain.
Yields = 8 servings

Cost: $3.60
Cost per slice: $.45

No comments:

Post a Comment