Thursday, June 10, 2010

Spice Rub: Lombo Pork Spice Rub

At Caputo's (our local Italian grocer and deli), I sampled an amazing pork lombo that was just heavenly. After looking around and experimenting - I've come up with an easy recipe to make my own. I buy pork tenderloin when they go under $2 a pound, versus the $4.99 and higher price I see at Caputos. After roasting the pork, let it sit a day before running through the meat slicer.

1 T. ancho chile powder (you can find this at your local Mexican market) ($.15)
1 1/2 tsp. dry ground mustard ($.20)
1 tsp. garlic ($.10)
1/2 tsp. salt ($.05)
1/2 tsp. pepper ($.05)
pinch of thyme ($.05)

Combine seasonings, rub onto pork tenderloin. Let marinade in the spice rub overnight before roasting. Drizzle with 1 T. EVOO.

Roast uncovered at 325 until internal temperature reaches 180.
Cool overnight and slice with meat slicer.

Yields = 1 batch of spice rub
Cost: $.60

No comments:

Post a Comment