Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Homemade Garlic Parmesan Croutons

After making tea sandwiches for a starter for my Mother's Day Brunch, I was left with the ends of the bread (that I had trimmed off). After reviewing a few recipes for croutons, I figured I could whip up a batch of my own. And I'm so glad I did - less than 15 minutes and I have perfectly seasoned croutons to top my salads with, it doesn't get any better or easier than this.

2 C. bread cubes ($.15)
2 T. parmesan ($.10)
2 tsp. fancy garlic salt ($.10)
1-2 T. olive oil ($.15)

Toss bred cubes with parmesan and garlic salt. Drizzle with olive oil. Line a baking sheet with foil, spread bread cubes evenly on the baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

Cool and store in a seal-tight container.

Yields = 6-10 servings
Cost: $.50

Great on:
Salads
Soups
Casseroles

No comments:

Post a Comment