Friday, May 29, 2009

Sweet Chicken "Burgers"

I love chicken - it has to be my go-to food. And grilled with all the fixin's? I don't know what could be better than that!! Here's my one of my favorite version of a traditional burger using some tasty chicken instead.


1/4 C. lemon juice
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. onion powder
1 T. finely diced red/orange bell pepper (optional, but very tasty!)
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
4-6 burger buns

In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and seasonings. Add chicken, turning til all pieces are well coated. Refrigerate and let stand for 2-4 hours.

Cook over a medium heat on skillet (with 1 tsp. olive oil) or on a grill. Cook 10-12 minutes, turning over once. Chicken is done when juice run clear.
Top with favorite condiments, though I recommend topping with thin sliced red onion, lettuce, light mayo, and Sweet Baby Rays Sweet Vidalia Onion BBQ sauce. You haven't lived til you've had Sweet Baby Rays!

Yield = 4-6 burgers

No comments:

Post a Comment