Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Grilled Chicken Pizza

As a food group, pizza ranks at the top for me, from a savory sausage to a creamy, dreamy cheese pizza - there is no such thing as a bad pizza, except for a frozen pepperoni pizza - that just lacks imagination....and I don't like pepperoni. I like to pack my pizza full of rich, aromatic flavors - so hold onto your tastebuds - you're in for a wild ride!
I freely admit that I do cheat on the crust, simply because I haven't found a suitable homemade version that fits my wallet.

1 pizza crust, or 2 pouches Betty Crocker pizza crust, prepared as directed
1 1/3 C. alfredo sauce
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 T. dry, minced onion
1/2 C. parmesan or parmesan-romano blend
8 oz. shredded mozzarella
2-3 oz. provolone, shredded
1/2 lb. white button mushrooms, sliced thin
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast - marinated in garlic & herb marinade, grilled, then sliced into thin strips, no longer than 3"
1/2 C. black olives, sliced (optional)
2-3 T. Italian flat-leaf parsley

Heat oven to 400. Over prepared pizza crust, spread Alfredo sauce, sprinkle with garlic, onion, and parmesan. Top with mozzarella, provolone, mushrooms, chicken, black olives and sprinkle with parsley.

Bake for 10-13 minutes or til cheese is melted and lightly golden.

Cut into wedges for an entree, cut into squares for an appetizer or if you're feeding a crowd.
Yield: 4 servings (entree) 6-8 servings (appetizer).

No comments:

Post a Comment