Monday, April 13, 2009

French Bread Pizzas

I love the recipe - though, I can only take credit for the spices, my sister came up with the rest. With all the free cheese, and Target giving us the free bread - it's a winner all ways around. I'm going to make up a dozen of these (no meat/veg) and free them! Much healthier and cheaper than buying them from the frozen food section, plus - I can add more flavor - garlic town, here I come!!

4 french bread baguettes
16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian cheese blend
4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
2 T. Chicago Deep dish pizza spice or Italian seasoning
2 T. garlic (powder, minced dry, or fresh minced)
Parmesan cheese, sprinkle liberally
Italian flat leaf parsley or basil
(top with meat/veggies, if desired)

Preheat oven to 400.

Slice open each baguette and top with cheese. Top with remaining ingredients.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, cut, and serve.
Yield = 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment