Monday, April 13, 2009

Chicken Carbonara

I'm a lover of good sammies, and this inspiration comes from Quiznos. I simply adore their Chicken Carbonara, loaded with all that yummy goodness, so when I scored a great deal on some ciabatta rolls last week - I had to give this a try.

I also added black olives and some julienned red bell pepper for some extra veggies and flavor. The result - one of the best sammies I've ever had - and I had a lot of good sammies past across my plate. The greatest part of this: I don't have to pay $7-$8 for each sammie, I spent less than $5 for all 4 of them, and still had some chicken leftover!!

1 large chicken breast, boneless, skinless
2 T. minced garlic
1 tsp. toasted onion powder
1 tsp. Italian flat-leaf parsley
1/8 C. Garlic & herb marinade
1 C. Alfredo Sauce
4 slices bacon - crumbled
4 slices of Havarti cheese
8 slices mozzarella cheese
4 white button mushrooms, sliced thin
4 ciabatta rolls


Rub chicken with spices, and marinate for 2-4 hours. Bake chicken at 350 for 45-55 minutes, uncovered. Chicken is done when it's a light golden brown and juices run clear.
Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing thin.

On each ciabatta roll, layer chicken, alfredo sauce, mushrooms, bacon, and cheeses evenly.
Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or til cheese in fully melted.

Yields = 4 sammies

No comments:

Post a Comment